A Christmas Pavlova Roll is a must on any festive dinner table across the country and with passionfruit and mangoes at their peak sweetness, they make the perfect Aussie summer dessert irresistible.
We have taken the traditional pavlova and rolled it on its head and turned it into a Christmas Pavlova Roll with oozy yoghurt and drizzles of tangy passionfruit pulp.
READ RELATED ARTICLES – Gourmet Central Recipes
- 1 Tsp passionfruit pulp
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup (25g) flaked coconut
- 300ml greek yoghurt
- 3 medium mangoes, thinly sliced
- 12 medium strawberries, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to moderately slow (160C/140C fan-forced). Grease a 25cm x 30cm Swiss roll pan and place a piece of baking paper so that it covers the base and extends over the two opposite sides of the Swiss roll pan. Beat the egg whites in a small bowl with an electric mixer until soft peaks form; gradually add the sugar, beating until dissolved between additions. Fold in the vanilla, vinegar and cornflour.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan; sprinkle with the coconut. Bake on the lower shelf of a moderately slow oven for about 20 mins or until the meringue is browned lightly.
- Meanwhile, cover a wire rack with a sheet of balking paper. Invert the meringue into the paper, then remove the lining paper. Allow to cool, coconut-side down.
- Spread yoghurt over the cooled meringue. Top with mango slices.
- Roll the meringue firmly from the long side, using baking paper to guide the meringue as it rolls. Serve sliced and drizzle with passionfruit pulp and extra mango slices.