Barbecued Mushrooms with Goat’s Cheese
These mushrooms make the perfect starter when you’re cooking on the barbecue. A little bit of goat’s cheese goes a long way and it’s perfect with mushrooms. We love an excuse to buy those nice big flat mushrooms.
Prep time: 10 minutes • Cooking time: 5 minutes • Servings: 4
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 (about 500 g) flat mushrooms, stalks removed.
- ½ a bunch baby English spinach leaves
- 75 g goat’s cheese
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill to high.
- Whisk 60 ml (. cup) of the oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, chives and chilli in a small bowl.
- Brush both sides of mushrooms with remaining oil. Barbecue or grill for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until mushrooms are heated through.
- Place spinach leaves and mushrooms on serving plates. Top each mushroom with goat’s cheese,
- Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
Per serving: Kilojoules 991; Fat 20.6 g (Saturated 4.4 g); Sodium 107 mg; Carbohydrate 2.8 g (Dietary Fibre 4.7 g); Protein 8.2 g.[related_ad category=”996″ max_size=”3″ title=”Related Offers”] [related_ad category=”6″ max_size=”3″ title=”Related Stories”]