Banana and Choc Chip Muffins
This recipe calls for gluten-free self-raising flour — the commercial self-raising flour mixes are really good. If you use your own plain flour mix (refer to Chapter 9), you need to add gluten-free baking powder.
Prep time: 15 minutes • Cooking time: 25–30 minutes • Serves: 12 muffins
- 1. cups gluten-free self-raising flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or
- margarine (melted)
- 1 cup sour cream or milk
- 2 mashed bananas
- ½ cup choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease or line a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Mix flour, sugar, bicarbonate soda and xanthan gum.
- Mix together egg, butter or margarine, sour cream or milk and add to dry ingredients.
- Add banana and choc chips and mix lightly until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Divide evenly between muffin holes and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
Per serving (1 muffin): Kilojoules 748; Fat 5.3 g (Saturated 2.4 g); Sodium 342 mg; Carbohydrate 30.5 g (Dietary Fibre 1.6 g); Protein 2.1 g.
[related_ad category=”996″ max_size=”3″ title=”Related Offers”] [related_ad category=”6″ max_size=”3″ title=”Related Stories”]