Turmeric makes a great addition to some mid afternoon snacks, such as these turmeric and Matcha Green Tea bliss balls. The earthy turmeric is balanced by the lemon and ginger, and there is a natural sweetness from the coconut and dates too. They go perfectly with a golden turmeric tea! Erin Young, health writer & founder of Zen Green Tea, looks at how we can easily introduce it into our recipes.
Turmeric has quickly risen to being one of the most popular superfoods amongst older Australians, all because of its high content of the antioxidant, curcumin. Curcumin is an active ingredient, known for it’s anti-inflammatory qualities which can help fight against many chronic diseases like cancer, Alzheimer’s and heart disease.
- 3 teaspoon Zen Green Tea Turmeric Matcha Green Tea Powder
- ½ cup desiccated coconut, plus a little extra for coating
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup dried dates, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ lemon – zest & juice
- Pop all the dry ingredients in a food processor, and mix together.
- Pour in the wet ingredients, and mix until well blended. You can a little extra lemon juice if the mixture is too dry.
- Using a spoon, roll out 20 bliss balls from the mixture.
- Roll in the desiccated coconut.
- Pop in fridge to set and store.
Zen Green Matcha Tea are offering our Life Begins At readers an exclusive 10% off their Turmeric Matcha Tea Mix, with code ‘LBA10’. This blend uses high quality Alleppey turmeric and has been blended with green tea, cinnamon, nutmeg and the necessary hint of black pepper.
To redeem this exclusive discount, simply:
- Visit Zen Green Matcha Tea
- Add product/s to your shopping cart
- Use the coupon “LBA10” for 10% off your first purchase and free shipping
- Orders will be shipped to you