This is a simple and absolutely gorgeous recipe which also makes for a delicious gift if you package it up for your loved ones! The stunning green colour comes both from the pistachios and also the Zen Green Tea matcha powder. Matcha is pure green tea leaves stone ground into a fine powder- it has the highest antioxidant levels out of any naturally occurring substance, and is known for its metabolism, and energy boosting properties. We love to drink matcha on its own as a beautiful tea but it can also be used to make fantastic recipes!
Ingredients (makes 10)
- 1 teaspoon Zen Green Tea matcha (www.zengreentea.com.au)
- 1/2 cup raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons almond meal
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons water
- 2 x 20ml tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 1 x 20ml tablespoon extra-virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
- In a food processor, blend the cashew nuts, coconut, almond meal, coconut flour and Zen Green Tea matcha powder until you get the texture of fine crumbs.
- Add the water, rice malt syrup and melted coconut oil and blend until everything is well combined. The mixture should be sticky enough to hold together, but not so sticky that you can’t roll it into balls. If the mixture is too sticky, add a tiny bit more coconut flour. If it’s too dry, add a touch more water.
- Roll the mixture into balls and coat in the chopped pistachio nuts, pressing the nuts lightly into the balls to make them stay. Leave the balls in the fridge to set. Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
Note: Matcha green tea powder is an incredible superfood. It contains the highest level of antioxidants compared to any other natural substance. You can purchase matcha from Australian company www.zengreentea.com.au