It’s the fruit synonymous with summer, the royalty of the warmer month. Passionfruit is at its peak and Australia grows some of the best sweet pulpy goodness on offer. There is nothing better than sliding the hand into the freezer on a hot summer’s day to pull out a frozen treat and we have the perfect combination of flavours for you. This Lemon, coconut and passionfruit popsicle will conjure up memories of sweet lemon slice with a tangy icing, but it is even better when cold and icy.
- 3/4 cup passionfruit pulp
- 1 cup lemon curd, homemade or store-bought
- 2 tbs water
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Maple syrup, to taste
- Scoop pulp from passionfruit. Combine coconut yoghurt and vanilla paste, add a splash of maple syrup if you wish. Stir water through lemon curd to thin slightly.
- Drop a generous spoonful of lemon curd into your popsicle moulds. Top with a drizzle of passionfruit pulp followed by a generous spoonful of yoghurt.
- Continue to layer lemon > passionfruit > yoghurt, finishing off the top of each popsicle with a good layer of passionfruit.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight, dip moulds briefly in cold water before removing popsicles.