Surprise your loved ones with these delicious GREEN pancakes!!! They taste amazing and contain a huge amount of antioxidants thanks to the matcha green tea!
Ingredients (Makes 16 Pancakes)
- 1 Teaspoon Zen Green Tea matcha green tea powder (www.zengreentea.com.au)
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- Butter, for frying, plus extra, to serve
- Maple syrup/ Blueberry Compote/ Fresh Fruit to serve
- Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla together in a jug. Sift flour and matcha into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre. Add milk mixture. Whisk until just combined.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Grease pan with butter or spray with cooking oil. Using 1/4 cup mixture per pancake, cook 2 pancakes for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture, greasing pan with butter or cooking oil between batches.
- Serve with the toppings and sauce of your choice
Note: Matcha green tea powder is an incredible superfood. It contains the highest level of antioxidants compared to any other natural substance. Matcha is the whole tea leaf that has been ground into a fine powder which dissolves in water to form a delicious green tea. It is extremely versatile and can be used in smoothies and baking. You can read more or purchase matcha from Australian company www.zengreentea.com.au